Monday, October 12, 2009

Snow!

Well, it has finally happened. Snow on October 12th! Normally the first snow of the season fills me with joy as I love to watch the snow dance through the air on its way down to its chosen resting spot. But today all I could think was "you've got to be kidding!". The chickens were running around quite dismayed and the barn cats were huddled under the dryer vent basking in the shower of warm air. I found myself wishing all I had to do today was cuddle in front of the fire, snuggle with the family, eat fresh warm homemade coffee cake and enjoy a cup of steaming hot coffee. But alas! 'Twas not to be...
It was rather fitting though, snowing today, as it was the first day of our winter hockey season (yeah!!). At 6:30 this morning we packed the two goalie bags, 4 goalie sticks, two backpacks and the boys who use them into the van and headed off for the day. This evening between both age groups we will be at the rink for 4.5 hrs which makes for a very long day for everyone involved. Then we get to do it all over again tomorrow (forced smile). Oh, for the love of hockey!! Or should I say, for the love of our boys. If it were not for them, we would not be enjoying this crazy ride called life nearly as much...which leaves me to say, in true hockey mom style..."Bring It On"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment