Tuesday, October 13, 2009

little joys

Day two of hockey camp week and I am already beat! By the time both kids were in bed last night it was after 10:30 and then my husband and I hauled our exhausted bodies into bed and just collapsed. We were able to use sheer determination to keep our eyes open long enough to spend a few minutes snuggling and talking about the busy day and all that had transpired. The boys were so tired at 5:45 this morning I felt terrible having to get them up for school but living 35 minutes out of town is not always easy. Within an hour they were on their merry little way and then it happened. The dreaded phone call...."We forgot the football jersey and there is a game this afternoon!". Great-there goes my morning. When do you say no? Is it our responsibility as parents or is it their responsibility as players? With this late night crazy week I am feeling a little more forgiving as we are all more than a little sleepy. So off I go, to deliver a football jersey to a very happy and not-so-little boy. Some part of me can't help but enjoy the feeling of being the hero to swoop in at the last second to rescue my child. The other part is just shaking my head wondering when will we all learn. They have a lot of time to learn those lessons and today, I get to enjoy being the hero.....at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment